Latest Pictures

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

October 20, 2006

Okay first let me explain.............Ken went to Dallas for a Seminar and got permission from little Kenny's mission president to have lunch with him. Steve went as well as a long time family friend Cris Stott, who coincidentally taught little Kenny how to swim. They had a great visit and below is a portion of the email that I got from Kenny on Monday about the visit.

The visit was really good. I am sure they told you but I was way surprised to see them waiting for us. I thought they were just going to call at three, I wouldn't have recognized them but Cris was just staring at us and I eventually recognized that it was him. It was way weird having them in the apartment though that is for sure. I was at a loss of words, I didn't even know what to think. It was SICK though that is for sure. I wish we could have had more time together I am not dwelling on the visit either. Saying Good-bye was easy, I didn't cry at all. It was a lot easier than the MTC that is for sure. The blessing really did help, not every missionary gets to have their Dad give them a blessing while on their mission. It was also the first time that I was able to stand in the circle with Dad so it was an even better experience.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lucky duck! I bet they were both so excited :)
My goodness Kenny has grown into such a handsome young man! I still remember him as a sweet little 10 year old :)

Marcy said...

What a great memory you will have and be able to share. I know how excited I get to see my family when it's been a month since I have seen them, I can't imagine going 9 months with out a visit. Whether you know this or not you are such a good example to my boys and we talk about you and missionary work all the time. I hope it will help them make the right decision to go on a mission someday. Thanks for your good example. Take care - Love the Reynolds Family

Talea Hollingshead said...

Hey Kenny! Looks like the mission life is treating you well. That is awesome that you got to see your Dad! We sure miss your family and espeically your Dad loading Lincoln and Mason up on sugar and sending them on their way! Take Care!
The Hollingshead's

Kathy's Boys said...

Hi we love the pictures and are a little jealous that Kenny got to go see Elder Richmond!! jk, that is very cool! Elder R. looks great! I can tell you are happy and working hard. Brad LOVES the "No regrets" t-shirt and wants to get one!! Keep working hard and keep smiling...we are proud of you! We're thinking about you and praying for our missionaries everyday!!