Latest Pictures

Monday, July 28, 2008

New area and new Companion 7-28-08

Here is a part of what I got today from Kenny.

We are actually at a members house right now. they fed us breakfast and we helped cut down a tree so now we are using their computers to email. Canton is a very small town as you already know. There are so many baptist people here. I think in Canton alone there is 6 baptists churches. It is crazy. Our area is huge though, it takes us about 20 minutes just to get to church and we are pretty central in the ward. There are some people that have to drive 45 min. to get to the church. Of course we got a car. It is so much nicer then riding a bike especially now that it is getting way hot. It is so much different then the big city that is for sure. The first night I was here we went to dinner at a members house that lives on 300 acres. The first thought that came into my head was dad would love this place. It is beautiful. I really like it. I think I could move out here when I get older. Almost everyone has cows and horses. Our bishop lives on 45 acres and has almost every animal y ou can think of. I showed them how to hypnotize chickens last night.
My companion is from Italy and he is bald and does look like a monk. I am not sure if pres. Warner told you this but my comp. elder donadeo was actaully studying to be a priest in the catholic church. He was four months away from being ordained a priest when he got baptized.

1 comment:

Julie H. said...

Wow, Kenny...amazing story about the "almost priest". See how much people can change with the right influence? Sounds like you're doing great!