Latest Pictures

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Mother's comments

As I was leaving the post office today from mailing yet another package off to Kenny (one of the ladies that works there knows my age, from checking my license because I have been there so much) I realized that I have not updated his blog lately. He still sends me weekly emails but I thought I would take a minute to share some things that have happened here in the Richmond home regarding Kenny and his mission.

Well first of all while we were gone someone from Texas called the house to talk to us about our awesome missionary and how much he loved Kenny. Phil took the call and told us about it via email, of course it made my day.

Then one day on the ship I was checking my email and there was a message from Kenny's companions Mom. She was so sweet and kind with what she had to say about Kenny. Kenny was sent to be her son's companion at a very important time and without saying to much about it I was reminded of how the Lord works in peoples lives.
Last but not least I was anxiously anticipating Mothers Day and hearing my youngests voice again. It was a great day and we had a wonderful visit with Kenny on the phone. I was able to conf. in the girls at different times and he also had an opportunity to talk to both Justin and Phil along with his Grandma, and his Uncle Steve. During the call my cell phone rang and it was from Texas, I thought is was a bit strange so I hung up the receiver that I was talking on with Kenny and left he and Ken to talk for a while. When I answered my phone the person on the other end told me he was a Bishop of the person Kenny and his companion had baptized the day before. He wanted to tell me Happy Mothers Day and to thank me for sending them Kenny. Of course I am crying by now. He talked to me for a while about Kenny and his companion and said very nice things. I remember people telling me things like this would happen and that it would make it easier for me while he was gone. I had no idea that it would make me feel like this. I know we are not suppose to use the word proud so if anyone can come with an adequate word please let me know so I can use it.
Kenny has always been a very special child, very kind and loving and he has continued to carry those qualities as he has grown into a young man. He loves his mission and he loves his companion. They are having great success and the Lord continues to bless them in their efforts. Thank you to everyone for your prayers in his behalf. Ken and I truly are grateful to you for your friendship and examples to Kenny, we love you all very much.

1 comment:

Kathy's Boys said...

Hi Debbie
I just came across this letter you sent us a few months ago, so I went right to Kenny's blog. Your
latest post is awesome. I know exactly how you feel,
we were able to experience things just like that. And it really does help with the lonesomeness (sp) that especially us moms feel. And my old Stake Pres. used to say that if you substituted the word grateful instead of proud, then you are giving the glory to God instead
of yourself. I have always remembered that and it is
so true. Because whenever I feel proud of my boys,
I realize that I am truly grateful! Anyways, I will
try and keep in touch better. Check out our blog
and leave a message! We will write to Kenny and
tell him what a great missionary we know he is.
Landry will be going pretty soon too. He graduates
next month and his birthday is Oc. 24th.
Take care, we Love you guys!